ForumThe Sandbox ► zomg_what_is_it?
Well, if Pink Dot was a reliable trigger, why did the 3 digit numbers give users the dot in Gender race?

Over there, each person was triggering the dot for themselves, at least by the standards of the dot tracker.

And yet the numbers may not have anything to do with it either. I triggered the pink dot once in Gender Race even when I forgot to put a number in my post.

I think context-specific is definitely plausible.

I triggered the pink dot once in Gender Race even when I forgot to put a number in my post.

The annoying thing about this dot is that there is no guarantee that you triggered it. Meta-behavior means anyone editing a post could've given it to you if you were the top of the forum.

You guys are so close.

Imagine if the grey dot started jumping around when we are this close

Do not give The Blake any ideas.

since when did we call him The Blake?

Since 0.347 days ago

Have we cracked down the white dot yet?

Have exactly 7 prepositions in in in in in in in your post.

You didnt trigger a dot

god fucking
also what was gray?

Unknown.
Reason: No one triggered it yet.

Trigger's working again. It's possible that making this post will make it not work.

Possibly based on last page of the thread?

is it out of the question for any of the dots to relate to any of the other dots?
edit: oh yeah we already have one

It is nearly impossible to trigger the gray dot under the current conditions and this makes me sad.

Blake said:
It is nearly impossible to trigger the gray dot under the current conditions and this makes me sad.

You designed the rules for it...

It was a different time!

We may have to find OmnipotentEntity and bribe them to come back to the site to post and make the dot move.

On further reading to much into statements consideration, I'm thinking gray is something about site statistics.

We've gone from "starting to get harder to trigger" eighteen days ago to "nearly impossible under the current conditions" and while that to me says "date values", Blake has clearly denied that the rule is mathematical in nature.

I suggest a class of trigger conditions that depend on something about TCaS itself, such as "naming the number of users currently online" or "post contains words starting with the first initial of every online user".

FWIW I still like the idea of a date-driven rule so posting at some magical time triggers a dot. Like, "post timestamp in decimal contains the poster's user ID in decimal as a substring".

Wait... Blake literally just said time is significant. ZOMGWTFBBQ DOTLUMINATI CONFIRMED

@Blake Does a newline count as one character or two ?

Count? Towards...what?

Omni has nothing to do with the dots, I had to fill in a default number for the user ID# of where the dots were located, and so I set them to 2, otherwise if I did 1, then people would assume I posted something relevant.

Whitespace isn't significant, nor is capitalization. I believe that Blake has said before that, before the dots are checked, the post has all of its punctuation removed and transformed into a simple list of words.

A simple list of delimiter-agnostic, punctuation-free, lowercase words.

Hint request: If someone got the gray dot right now, how much would seeing their post help us deduce the trigger?

Okay, brain-dead simple theory, but I'm coming down with Carpal Tunnel and can't really test for a while:

Mentioning "Pink dot" gives the top post in the forum games category the pink dot.

Forum > The Sandbox > zomg_what_is_it?