Forum > The Sandbox > Fun facts!
Wormwood said:
If you type
import antigravity
into the Python shell it opens your browser to the xkcd comic that references it. Found that while I was taking a Python course over the summer. I may have also seen it on Blake's Twitter. Sue me.

And it runs Geohashing if one does it right.

Elephant facts. The link sounds misleading but i promise it's just precious elephants.

0.3% of car crashes in Canada involve a moose.

did u know that asqared+bspared+csqared+dsquared will not equal esquread

prove it

a = 1
b = 1
c = 1
d = 1
e = 2

a^2 + b^2 + c^2 + d^2 = e^2

1^2 + 1^2 + 1^2 + 1^2 = 2^2

4 = 4

That is not a good proof, you proved it (does) for exactly that case. Can you prove it for all integers?

EDIT
WHoops, you are different people

It wasn't a proof it was a disproof, and one case suffices.

Yep, I just didn't realize that the two people posting weren't the same person.

I'm a lecherous sack of shit and this night is not going to end well.

Me too, thanks.

For real, though, everything good?

Yeah things are good. Woke up in my own bed and clothes and I have the next two days off.

Cool beans. Just had to ask.

Ever heard of the Pythagorean Theorem (a2+b2=c2)?

Well, if you have a right triangle with angles of 30, 60, and 90. The side lengths are in a 1, sqrt2, and 2 ratio!

d i d
y o u
k n o w
i f
y o u
d o n ' t
q u o t e
t h i s
p o s t
y o u ' l l
d i e
i n s t a n t l y

Ever heard of the Pythagorean Theorem (a2+b2=c2)?

Well, if you have a right triangle with angles of 30, 60, and 90. The side lengths are in a 1, sqrt3, and 2 ratio!

Fixed it for you. :)

Special triangles and the unit circle are how you pass trig without a calculator.

Also, a triangle with angles pi/2 pi/4 and pi/4 have sides of length 1,1 and a hypotenuse of rt2

Any triangle where one side is the diameter of a circle and the remaining point lies on that circle is a right triangle.

The altitude from the right angle of a right triangle cuts the triangle into two triangles similar to the first.

Also, the smallest candidate for a number to be a friend of 10 is well over 1022 (I have checked). But if it is to also be the product of two powers of primes, then that becomes 1050 (I have proven).

DIAV said:
Any triangle where one side is the diameter of a circle and the remaining point lies on that circle is a right triangle.

Good thing I was already sitting down.... I'm gonna need a minute, here.

Okay, I'm okay now. I see how the Pythagorean Theorem turns directly into this result now, but that is still pretty rad. I never made that connection before.

I stumbled on it when I was investigating whispering galleries.

gws said:
that is still pretty rad.

some might say all this angle math is 114.5916 degrees...

i t ' s
r a d

You should be sorely ashamed of yourself for making that pun. Mostly because you didn't make it sooner, but also because it isn't sharp enough. (See what I did there?)

that joke was quite obtuse i apologize

I could go around like this for days. I really love your angle in all this. Something about the conversation REALLY struck a chord with me. I see we are definitely in the same sector.

Forum > The Sandbox > Fun facts!