ForumTechnical Corner ► Dozenal
I've been getting into dozenal lately. Round numbers being divisible by 3 and 4 is sick, and the multiplication table is much nicer. If only humans had evolved with twelve digits. ✋☝️ But if the world could switch to metric it could switch to dozenal, dammit!

There are... ahem... DOZENS OF US.

whenever alternative bases come up, I am obligated to share this video

I made my conlang use base-8 IIRC, and I honestly think that it's more effort to reprogram yourself to think in a different base system than the efficiencies that the new base system gives.

Maybe teach it to your kids, though.

There was a push by a famous mathematician. To switch to the Dozenal system back when New Zealand decimalised everything, but the argument was that it was too significant to relearn maths rather than just switch everything to base 10

Kylljoy said:
I made my conlang use base-8 IIRC, and I honestly think that it's more effort to reprogram yourself to think in a different base system than the efficiencies that the new base system gives.

Maybe teach it to your kids, though.

Octal was actually a thing at one point. File modes on UNIX/Linux are still octal. Hex has largely taken over that role, though.

Numbering12 sounds fine but their web site has all the articles as &@%+*?$~ PDF files so now I mistrust the entire endeavor.