ForumTechnical Corner ► What will finally break the internet?
What will finally destroy the internet? A virus, aliens, government? What do you think?

Why not all at once?

What is your definition of the Internet breaking? It's hard to imagine the entire Internet being destroyed unless all networked computers are destroyed.

What is your definition of the Internet breaking? It's hard to imagine the entire Internet being destroyed unless all networked computers are destroyed.

I mean that it just shuts everything down, it can be instant or slowly.

ISPs, carriers, etc. will cut off their nose to spite their face and corporate shortsightedness is what will ruin the Internet for everyone.

Not literally, but after watching a video about the origins of Pepe the frog, he went from meme to internet crasher.

Y2K 2.0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

I suppose, but given the fact that most computers either break down or are replaced by a newer, better version within 10 years, that gives us a bit of wriggle room to make changes to newer models that come out. That would fix any internal system issues, then we just have to convince every app and program developer to update their date/time system to the new standard and....

oh...

...yeah, just remembered we are still fighting over multiple different "standards" in various fronts, not to mention how to pronounce "gif"

It's gonna happen like South Park depicted.

Ralph

ralph pls go

No

I wanna watch the movie

Zia said:
ralph pls go
Finally went through and deleted all these today.

Finally we are free!

Forum > Technical Corner > What will finally break the internet?