ForumThings ► You're a company? But how? You're selling our avatar pixel art, aren't you?
Well, sleep-deprived writing is my only writing.

Also, I guess we’ll have to just make our own streaming service then.

I may or may not have industry connections.

🤫

^ Dank.

Edit: spam baleeted

ecr674 said:
I'd buy a Twocans shirt in a heartbeat if they were a thing.

Blake, why aren’t these already a thing? Merck is not only a good way to make money, it’s also a fun way for us to advertise the site and our association with it. And also, if you ever need money, make a gofundme, and post it in the forums or as a question. We would all be completely happy to help.

Edit: yes, I know this thread is dead, but I don’t care I just took a look and I felt the need to say this.

Your enthusiasm is appreciated!

I've kind of been down some of this path with my old site/community (Nerd Paradise):
  • T-Shirts take time to design and usually have a diminishing return for a small-ish user set
  • I don't really need money, so I'm not at the go-fund-me point yet. I'm more interested in sustainable revenue models, and if hypothetically (very very hypothetically) I wanted to work on a donation-based business model, I would likely use something along the lines of Patreon with subscription based micro-donations.
  • My hope is that once the app is released, this will generate more organic growth than physical advertisements.

Yeah. I set up a subreddit to spread more awareness of the site, however I have never moderated before, and I have no idea what I’m doing. So that’s fun.

Blake said:
I wanted to work on a donation-based business model, I would likely use something along the lines of Patreon with subscription based micro-donations.

Oh cool, I like the sound of that.

also GL adsfjkl;

Thanks. I set up a forum thread to get more awareness for the subreddit meant to get more awareness for the site, and....no one even looked at it. Yay.

adsfjlk; said:
no one even looked at it. Yay.

Well, I mean
You essentially used a forum-based website
To create a forum
About another forum-based website
Which has its own forum

It just seems a little redundant. But I suppose it could serve as a meta-TC&S?

I pop something in there!
I think.
Maybe it can just be a question archive. And a place to spread the glory of TwoCans(hopefully at a manageable rate).

Wyyca21 said:

Maybe it can just be a question archive. And a place to spread the glory of TwoCans(hopefully at a manageable rate).

Yeah, that’s the idea.

What about sponsoring a race car?

I just looked it up. This starts around $250,000 for the hard-to-see ones.

Damn

What if you go really hard-to-see?

There's gotta be a Pinewood Derby happening somewhere, right?

On second thought we could make tts “Reddit” videos involving the q&a (but everyone knows those things are lame)

I feel personally attacked

Forum > Things > You're a company? But how? You're selling our avatar pixel art, aren't you?