ForumTouchy Subjects ► Parental Rights vs Child Protections
How much say should a parent have in how their child is raised? What sort of education should be required? Vaccinations/medical care? Should parents be required to recognize legbutt kids? Should kids be forced to participate in religion? Where should the law step in, and is it a good or a bad thing to support a national "culture" amongst kids?

Education requirements are already go to public or private school or be homeschooled in a way that state and federal requirements are met. I don’t think it’s reasonable to say everyone needs to go to a university. All 50 states currently require six vaccinations (tetanus, rubella, diphtheria, polio, pertussis, measles) for admission to public schools. I don’t know how you’d require parents to do that- I mean, it’s pretty easy to spot a legbutt. Child abuse and neglect is already illegal. Kids are forced to participate in all sorts of things. Just like most things, you can make a child do whatever you want it to do as long as it isn’t harming it physically or mentally. And I am of the opinion that (usually) just because you have it better than someone, does in fact mean you shouldn’t feel so bad. Culture among kids? When I was 13 I wanted for schools to disappear and start a violent revolution against the government. When I was 15, my friends and I wanted to become Lords of the Drugs in my hometown and stop going to school and sell meth to the hurtin rednecks.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Parental Rights vs Child Protections