ForumTouchy Subjects ► Happiness
So... depression is a thing. I don't know what to do or where to go. I am only 16 and my parents are they type to say "What do you have to be sad for? Think of the kids in Africa." But I don't know. I used to think that me being sad was a bad thing and I would feel guilty of it. Now I know that there is something wrong with me and I don't know where to turn. I know it's against the rules of this forum to post saying that you are suicidal but here's the thing. I am not really suicidal. I just want to be happy again. There is nothing that gives me joy anymore. I don't have real fun at all. Everything just disracts me from what is real and as soon as it's over I just go back to being sad. I can't find lasting happiness where I feel good about myself and about others. I always feel so negative about everything and I just can't think of what to do.

I always feel so negative about everything and I just can't think of what to do.

Honest Question : Have you tried talking to a doctor or bringing this up with a psychiatrist? I know for some it seems like they might not be able to help, but they are trained professionals, and it's always worth a shot. At the very least, they could always try to prescribe you antidepressants.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Happiness