ForumTouchy Subjects ► Toxic relationships, how to avoid, prevent, and identify them.
Anyone feel like they are in a toxic relationship? Throw it out here and have people guide you through it.

I have an on and off a friend that takes things way too dramatically and looks for things to get offended about everything I say even though it's harmless. I hate her for this and others say she is a toxic person to a lot of people for her dramatic and idiotic responses. I do care about her though. I just feel like she uses me when convenient then gets mad at me and makes me feel bad. What do I do?

Have a talk with her. This may seem like a REALLY bad idea, but ironically, that is usually a really GOOD reason to have a talk. You aren't responsible for anyone's happiness and nobody should NEED you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H9jTQKmR3Q&t=4s
This is where I have learned a lot about this topic and I give her a lot of credit for my ability to not be a sad shell of a person.
Hope it helps!

MJ0301 said:
I have an on and off a friend that takes things way too dramatically and looks for things to get offended about everything I say even though it's harmless. I hate her for this and others say she is a toxic person to a lot of people for her dramatic and idiotic responses. I do care about her though. I just feel like she uses me when convenient then gets mad at me and makes me feel bad. What do I do?

in a word: ditch the bitch.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Toxic relationships, how to avoid, prevent, and identify them.