ForumTouchy Subjects ► Hot sauce
Which is the best and why is it Tabasco?

Pain is not a flavor.

But Sriracha is!

Get yourself some Sambal Oelek. Indonesia and the Netherlands keep that shit quiet but it is red gold.

Cholula or Valentina

Edit: Frank's is OK for certain purposes

Coldfrost said:
Pain is not a flavor.
Yes it is and I can argue this scientifically. I’ll be back in 8 hours.
I’m not taking 8 hours out of my day to look up how to argue a point, I just have school then studying.

Chipotle tabasco is my favourite kind.
Also, the best combination with hot sauce is pizza rolls imo.

Definitely homemade salsa.

If we have to go with storebought and just "hot sauce" over hot salsa, tapatio is the best.

I like Louisiana because it's cheap and has capsaicin in it.

Anybody into superhots? I'm not (yet?) but I'm curious.

I've got no taste, Frank's Red Hot is still my favorite.

How the fuck do you guys eat spicy things

I can literally only handle wasabi

Coldfrost said:
Pain is not a flavor.
Sorry this took me so long, but yes, pain is a flavor

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2234081/
Basically there's a receptor called TRPV1 that carries information on pain, particularly from high temperatures, from the periphery to the CNS and it is expressed throughout the whole body but also in large amounts on the tongue. Capsaicin binds to it.

Does anyone here ever like to bite into chili peppers?
Also, you guys wanna know an amazing condiment? Take a pound of those thai chili peppers, dried. Grind them up to a pulp. Boil that in canola oil for a little while. Pour that into a container.

I'm not even joking. Cook some rice, put some peanuts in the rice, put some of this stuff in the rice, put some soy sauce in the rice. You've got yourself some bomb-ass rice.
How the fuck do you guys eat spicy things

I can literally only handle wasabi
Dude, you know what's awesome? When you're at a sushi place and they give you that little ball of wasabi? Eat the ball. It's delicious.

If 'spicy' is a flavor, then my skin can taste heat. And my body tastes itself to see if it needs thermoregulation.

I have a weird thing that happens. After I eat something with certain spices in it, about eight to ten hours later (usually while I'm asleep) I wake up with a severe itch in the sole of one of my feet. Usually the right foot, but it varies. But only one. And sometimes it takes an hour or two to subside. Is that, uhhhhhh, normal? I notice it when I eat really hot wings.

Spicy foods are the best, but spicy parmasan garlic from Buffalo Wild Wings is pretty great.

Coldfrost said:
If 'spicy' is a flavor, then my skin can taste heat. And my body tastes itself to see if it needs thermoregulation.
Through a similar mechanism, yes. And yeah, rub some hot ass chili peppers on your skin. You’ll taste it

Classic hot sauce is almost all gross. It just tastes like vinegar. I’m in LOVE with sriracha, though (yes i am a hipster, i know)

I'm saying you feel the capcacin, rather than tasting heat. It's not a gustatory cell.
PAIN IS NOT A FLAVOR

azerty said:
Classic hot sauce is almost all gross. It just tastes like vinegar.
What did you just say about vinegar?? 😤

If i wanted vinegar, i would put it in my food as vinegar. If i want hot sauce, i’m expecting heat.

Coldfrost said:
I'm saying you feel the capcacin, rather than tasting heat. It's not a gustatory cell.
PAIN IS NOT A FLAVOR
But you have the receptors on your tongue!
PAIN IS A FLAVOR
azerty said:
If i wanted vinegar, i would put it in my food as vinegar. If i want hot sauce, i’m expecting heat.
Vinegar and heat. How can you go wrong?

Seriously, can someone tell me something hotter? Because if anyone knows a good habanero or scotch bonnet hot sauce, tell me.
azerty said:
Classic hot sauce is almost all gross. It just tastes like vinegar.
What did you just say about vinegar?? 😤
Have you tried crystal?

No, but now I'm intrigued...

So it's not as hot as tabasco, but it has a really interesting flavor. If you like heat and vinegar at the same time, you'd like this stuff a lot.

It's pretty sour.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Hot sauce