ForumTouchy Subjects ► Unpopular Opinions
e-bag said:
Pearwasps
This is like anime branding.

eriophora said:
Nothing wrong with Applebees. I usually prefer the apples, but sometimes I have the bees to change it up.
Haha, that's funny. Now I'll wait patiently a few years for someone to suggest Applebees so I can drop this on them IRL.

Blake said:
This is like anime branding.

Oh god

I think this is turning into an applebees thread

ive never been to applebees

how?

i dont go often but ive been there

me neither

It's not that great. Just a slightly above-average bar and grill.

e-bag said:
above-average

>.>

Applebee's is like one of those restaurants you go to when you can't decide where to eat. Everything on the menu sounds and looks really good, but you never know what to get. But when you finally decide and get your food, the food only tastes mediocre. Or at least that's my experience anyway.

I mean my parents and I don’t usually eat out, and if we do we go to asian restaurants

Speaking of Asian restaurants, if you call California roll a type of sushi, I will give you a lecture on why it is not. At least not authentic Japanese sushi. It's Western sushi. Or what I like to call it 'Asian fusion burritos'.

I will give you a lecture on why it is not

It's sushi. It may not be authentic sushi, but it's sushi. The same way pizza in America is still considered pizza and burritos in America are still considered burritos. Papa John's and Chipoltle may not be authentic Italian or Mexican, but the food they serve is still considered to be their respective food, even by people of that culture. Otherwise, I expect you to "Um actually" someone any time the words "hamburger", "pizza", "burrito", "chocolate", or "bagel" come up. Have fun.

If the food fits the definition of a food type, it is that food type. No arguments. Cue the discussion of "is a hotdog a sandwich tho"

If you claim California Rolls aren't sushi, you're being pretentious for the sake of being pretentious. They may not be authentic, but it's still sushi by plain definition.

I asked a question if a hotdog was a sandwich recently. 7 people said that it is, while 7 people said it was its own food. 3 other people said it was a taco.

The people who said that it a hotdog was a sandwich basically said the dictionary definition of a sandwich.

The people who said it was its own food said that a hotdog is technically not both the meat and bun combo, but rather the meat itself, and the bun is optional.

I'm not sure the reasoning behind why a hotdog is a taco, so I'll have to ask those people for more information.

The idea behind hotdog tacoism is the shape of the shell

Makes sense, I guess.

Wow these really are some touchy subjects.

Anyway, is water wet?

Unequivocally yes. Water is the quintessential wet thing. (Why did I word this so superfluously?)

I've always said no because the dictionary definition of wet is "to be saturated by water or another liquid", and since water is both water (obviously) and a liquid, it can't be saturated. Therefore water is not wet.

I don't really care if people think water is wet though, it makes me laugh how heated some people get about water's wetness.

From Merriam Webster Online Dictionary, definition 1a of wet (emphasis mine):

From Merriam-Webster:
consisting of, containing, covered with, or soaked with liquid (such as water)

Water consists of a liquid such as water.

Would you say that means water is always wet?

yes

how can something be wet if it can never be dry

i'm trying to tread lightly since you've claimed my soul

KylIjoy said:
I will give you a lecture on why it is not

It's sushi. It may not be authentic sushi, but it's sushi. The same way pizza in America is still considered pizza and burritos in America are still considered burritos...
If you claim California Rolls aren't sushi, you're being pretentious for the sake of being pretentious. They may not be authentic, but it's still sushi by plain definition.

Good point. Perhaps because I'm part Japanese, I'm more strict about it. It's totally not 'real sushi', or 'authentic sushi', as you put it. Hence why I said 'at least not authentic sushi'. I think we both agree on that. I mostly say 'Japanese burritos' to joke about it. Perhaps by definition, a California roll is still sushi, but not Japanese sushi. It's American sushi. It didn't originate from Japan, so it's not Japanese sushi. I'm not saying California rolls aren't sushi, just not the traditional type.

Edit: Sorry, kitten, somehow a double post, please ignore this.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Unpopular Opinions