ForumTouchy Subjects ► Unpopular Opinions
bebebe

Yeah the color button doesn't work; you have to input the colors manually using their names

ESTIMATED TIME UNTIL BLAKE FIXES WHAT HE BROKE : 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

what did he break?

how do you have so many dots

what did he break?

I think the hex code text system. You have to put down the name of the colour instead of the hex system.

E.g. This is red.

<color value="#eb4034">This throws an error.</color>
  • "#eb4034" is not a valid color name.

<color value="#3f8fde">Unpopular opinion: typing in the color name gives this site more character</color>
  • "#3f8fde" is not a valid color name.

yeah but the color picker above the text box give the the #sd03sdfjds number

But it no longer works as a valid color picker. You can only do the preset colors of red, blue, green, purple, orange, yellow, white, black, gray, cyan, pink, brown, aqua, lime, maroon, and mauve.

yeah but the color picker above the text box give the the #sd03sdfjds number

Hex means 6. The hexadecimal system uses numbers 0 through 9 and letters A through F. #sd03sdfjds number is not valid lol

This is a nitpicky joke please don't take this seriously

<color value="#DFFF00">Wait, what about those hex codes?</color>

Nope.
  • "#DFFF00" is not a valid color name.

The parser no longer recognizes hex. Requiring qualitative names for colors is so that things don't look weird in dark mode. For example, yellow in dark mode can be very bright but yellow in light mode should be a darker yellow so that it stays readable.

e-bag said:
But it no longer works as a valid color picker. You can only do the preset colors of red, blue, green, purple, orange, yellow, white, black, gray, cyan, pink, brown, aqua, lime, maroon, and mauve.

that is my point is when blake redoes the forum in crayon he should make the color picker not-hex and he should make it where you just select the color in words

Or it could just have a picture of each color and you click on the one you want.

well yeah thats what i mean, but it puts the word in the color tag and not the hex

i explained it poorly

Grayseff said:
Mud can make things wet because it is saturated dirt, the water in it makes you wet, and if you make enough things wet you are left with just plain old dirt.

Surely the same applies to peanut butter: leach out the oil and you don't have peanut butter anymore just peanut mush.
I'm gonna throw another wrench in this: I don't think something coated in oil is wet in the first place. If anything, it has an anti-wetness shield.

I often feel like wetness is exclusive to water, although that is not necessarily true. This is mostly because water is likely the most common thing for things to become wet of.

The small gripe that I have with that Merriam-Webster definition is that I feel like there's a certain level of viscosity that draws the line between the liquids. You wouldn't really consider something being wet from oil or honey. (hydrogen already made this point, whoops)

So certain liquids have exceptions...
Hydrophobic liquids.
Emulsions, maybe(?)
And more that I don't know at the moment.

Grayseff said:
Mud can make things wet because it is saturated dirt, the water in it makes you wet, and if you make enough things wet you are left with just plain old dirt.

Surely the same applies to peanut butter: leach out the oil and you don't have peanut butter anymore just peanut mush.
I'm gonna throw another wrench in this: I don't think something coated in oil is wet in the first place. If anything, it has an anti-wetness shield.

Hmmmm, I think it depends how much the oil has permeated since oil is definitely a fluid. By defining wetness to exclude oil we may also have to redefine dissolving things in mineral oils or turpentine.

Unpopular opinion. People have only gotten into anime because it's popular. Back when I was in second grade everybody in my class made fun of me for watching anime. I would always tell them about it and they called it "crazy Asian nonsense". But now that it's popular those same people are into anime. It doesn't make sense to me how they can say I don't like "real anime" even though the only anime there into is My Hero Academia. (bty not a good anime) Anyone that replies to this post and disagrees with me and say either, mha is a good anime or, anyone can like anime, you need to shut your mouth. mha sucks.(I agree with the second one, just dont make fun of me for liking anime)

The only Anime I watched in 2nd grade was beyblade (It was on netflix, and this was back in the late 2000s/early 2010s, when they were popular)

Antartic said:
Unpopular opinion. People have only gotten into anime because it's popular. Back when I was in second grade everybody in my class made fun of me for watching anime. I would always tell them about it and they called it "crazy Asian nonsense". But now that it's popular those same people are into anime. It doesn't make sense to me how they can say I don't like "real anime" even though the only anime there into is My Hero Academia. (bty not a good anime) Anyone that replies to this post and disagrees with me and say either, mha is a good anime or, anyone can like anime, you need to shut your mouth. mha sucks.(I agree with the second one, just dont make fun of me for liking anime)

I think it might be better to frame this as now that it's socially acceptable, they feel like they CAN enjoy it. Before, they couldn't let themselves do so because of the social consequences. Now, they have "permission" to enjoy it from their peers. They'd have liked it back then if they gave it a chance, but the social risk was too high for them to be willing to even try it.

So, yes, they're into it now because it's popular... but if they hadn't been worried about being seen as weird or made fun of, they still would have liked it even when it was unpopular.

Yo, did my dude Antarctic just gatekeep anime?

I get ya, I get ya, it sucks to have something be harder for you and easier for someone else, technically its not fair.

Comics and superheroes are popular now, and nerdy stuff like Star Trek. The guy that got me into Patrick Stewart as Captain Picard was older than me and he was legit bullied, even physically, for liking it when he was a kid.

Still, he was just happy that it was more accepted and glad he could share his hobby with me without anyone judging me for it.

Be like that guy. Don't gatekeep, just be happy that people are more open to something you love now than they were when you were in the second grade.

MHA is a great anime with vibrant characters and its got good fun, good feels, and good fights. Nothing to hate there.

unpopular opinion: i put milo powder on ice cream (you might think this is a joke, but it's not)

Tf is milo powder

unpopular opinion: i put milo powder on ice cream (you might think this is a joke, but it's not)

That sounds awesome, might have to try it.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Unpopular Opinions