ForumTouchy Subjects ► Nuclear Weapons
It’s time we start making more of these and arm each state in the USA with access to one nuclear warhead to use at their own discretion. This is a good idea and I’m prepared to argue why.

Okay, Skull Face

Why would anyone argue with this?
If we all have nukes then no one will want to use nukes for fear of retaliation. It's a genius idea common sense.

The more nukes everyone has, the less people will want to use~ By god we've cracked the code!

Guys, I've just gotten off the phone with 46th President of the United States Joe Biden. It took a little convincing but, long story short, Cold War 2.0 is on baby. Let's fuckingg goo!!

It’s time we start making more of these and arm each state in the USA with access to one nuclear warhead to use at their own discretion. This is a good idea and I’m prepared to argue why.
I'm in.

Edit: As long as California gets excluded. I don't want them having a nuke.

Everyone is in on this. I'm so pumped. I can't wait for us to get our nukes.

Nope california too. Also just the US. Denuclearize everywhere else.

I'm just saying Michigan would probably nuke Ohio, fallout be damned.

I think each state should get an amount of nukes proportional to their big cities (including capitals). So, for example, New York would get two (Albany and NYC), Texas would get four (Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio), but North Dakota would only get one (Bismarck).

That way you get an amount equivalent to the amount of potential targets painted on your back.

You guys really can't be serious

I don't think they are.

Shit did you say denuclearize everyone else?

I just got off the phone with Vladimir Putin and he gave the go ahead to enter a new arms race with the US.

Hell, I even had a Zoom call with Xi Jinping, Imran Khan, Narendra Modi, and whoever is in charge in Israel right now, and said that we'd catch them up so they could join to.

Coming from a person who worked in the dept of defense…. This is an incredibly stupid idea.

I can think of few places I'd like less to have nuclear weapons.

What if we could make ‘safe’ nuclear bombs? You know, enough to still obliterate an entire country but no fallout. Would that change anyone’s mind?

I trust that even less.

I'm more leaning in the other direction; each nuclear bomb has the power to make Earth completely unlivable. Forever.

Yea the shitty thing about a Nuke is when America's Next Top Nutjob decides to bomb another nuclear power it affects every country. Any war is shitty but one that kills non-participants is especially gross.

What if we could make ‘safe’ nuclear bombs? You know, enough to still obliterate an entire country but no fallout. Would that change anyone’s mind?

A giant bomb is gonna kill things even if it kills less.

Fallout isn’t the necessarily the problem. Once you place a silo somewhere, you have to publicly say it’s there. SALT requires us to have other nuclear powers to be able to inventory our nuclear arms amount. Because of that, you now would be putting a target on every state. Literally.

I mean, would it really be so bad for the world if a few big chunks of the US were missing and Mexico gets fucked in the process?

Edit:
Coming from a person who worked in the dept of defense…. This is an incredibly stupid idea.
Interesting. Care to tell us more? About working in the dept of defense

Did you know that the entire midwest has a lot of ICBM's, just so we can become a target for nuclear strikes? It's pretty close to Scott't Bluff, though none of you probably know where that is.

Edit: Nuclear scientists from Nebraska played a part in creating the first atom bombs, and the planes that dropped the bombs in Japan were built in Omaha. What fun things I'm learning today!

I'm rescinding my support if California gets to have a nuke. All other 49 states I'm cool with, but I cannot allow California to have nukes.

Interesting. Care to tell us more? About working in the dept of defense

Nah.

Does DC get one?

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Nuclear Weapons