ForumTouchy Subjects ► Something something Lucifer something uhhhh Theology?
This is the title you get when you ask someone else to make your thread for you.

thanks, bud. ima go slepp

*speld wrong intentionaly*

all i know is that i played persona 5 and lucifer is a character in that game

The Satanic Temple is a cool political organization

Most religions implore you to respect others, resist temptation, and surrender yourself to a higher power.

One could argue that Lucifer implores you to give into desire and live life to the fullest. After all, you only get one.

If you're someone who's willing to play Pascal's wager, the latter sounds more enjoyable than the former. But if you lose, the loss is monumental.

So - are you willing to roll the dice?

Any god that exists isn't worth my time, and I won't change a god damn thing about my behaviour to theoretically appease them. Eternal soul be damned. Not bowing to somebody who made this world.

Largely, Satanism and Luciferianism in practice look like:

◾ The devil being treated as a deity or celestial being that essentially freed humanity from a tyrant god that would deny them the knowledge of the universe.

◾ The devil being used as a symbol for knowledge and exploration. Possibly then used as a thought piece or counter-argument for Christian principles.

◾ ı'м αи eđgełøяđ αиđ šαтαиıšм мακeš мe łøøκ ¢øøł. gıνe мe αттeитıøи вe¢αυše ı'м ¢øøł, eđgч, αиđ мıgħт κıłł α иeıgħвøυяħøøđ ¢αт føя ¢łøυт

Fun fact! The first uses of the word "Satanism" is within the context of Christian practices. It was applied by Christians to other Christians whose religious practices the former did not agree with. The idea being that by not "correctly" practicing their religion, they were furthering Satan's agenda. Eventually, there would be an idea that these devil worships were deliberate, and it became a massive scapegoat to git rid of undesirables.

The Satanic Temple is a cool political organization

The Satanic Temple had the potential to be a cool political organisation. Unfortunately, their approach has missed the mark on many occasions, which hasn't been super helpful to their cause in the long run. It's honestly disappointing.

I personally find the story of Lucifer to be quite compelling. I appreciate the idea that he was the first rebel against the establishment. I like the thought piece of Satanism, so I have satanic tattoos, clothes, and jewelry. I like to think of them as my porcupine quills so that people I'm not overly keen on interacting with can visibly see that they also do not want to interact with me.

what is your profile picture and why does it look so deep fried

or like

oversaturated

Answered in the appropriate thread.

I guess I'll just use this as an opportunity to say that one of the art pieces I'm working on currently is a version of Baphomet. I've gone with a human head on it though because it looked too meme-y and like a furry drawing for my personal tastes.

that's a yugioh card!

your current post count is the current year

there is eternal life for us after we die, promised by Jesus Christ. we have to be patient, while following God's rules at the same time. we can't live life to the fullest by killing, or banging hookers, but we can live life to the fullest with respect, honor, and worship of the Lord. i won't roll the dice.

i'll live life to the fullest by respecting your decision not to bang all the hookers

edit:

banging all the hookers on a friday night, yeah

it was God's decision to order me and other people to not bang hookers. it's from God's word, the Holy Bible.

proverbs 23:27
thou shalt not bang hookers on a friday night yeah

haha sorry i'm being a little blasphemous right now

i'm gonna stop posting in this thread now because i'm probably coming off as a huge asshole right about now

funny, relatable, but a joke. it was a funny, relatable joke! hooray!

(uh oh, is titanlords habits rubbing off on me?)

I don't believe in God, and I will live the life I have to the best of my ability.

If I happen to be wrong, there are two foreseeable outcomes:
1. God is a forgiving God and my attempts to be a good person are adequate enough.
2. God is not a forgiving God and no matter what I could have done, I would not be welcome in His Kingdom anyway.

I am at peace with these ideas.

God has mercy, so he IS a forgiving God. take advantage of His mercy and forgiveness, though, and fweee you're falling right down to hell.

That doesn't sound forgiving to me 🤷‍♀️

Sending people to be tortured eternally does not sound like the trait of a creature worth esteem, let alone worship.

Right?

I'm not prepared to prostrate myself in front of a god I don't believe in. To do so would be dishonest and solely for selfish reasons of absolution. In my opinion, that's more abhorrent than just not worshipping God.

If a god exists and this is the world it's made, that god is trash. Fuck them. I'd rather burn.

If god exists, it's either incompetent or a cunt.

I like God. I don't believe in a god that sends people to Hell. I don't believe in a God that finds things like homosexuality immoral. I also believe this God very much exists. If you want 'evidence' then hahahahaha good luck. I don't need any 'evidence'. Spiritual pragmatism for the win! Yes, I can in fact do that and am fine with frustrating irreligious and religious people at the same time.

its okay antimony i still respect you[r opinion]

Kylljoy said:
Most religions implore you to respect others, resist temptation, and surrender yourself to a higher power.

One could argue that Lucifer implores you to give into desire and live life to the fullest. After all, you only get one.

If you're someone who's willing to play Pascal's wager, the latter sounds more enjoyable than the former. But if you lose, the loss is monumental.
IMHO self-restraint and selflessness bring greater joy than self-indulgence and selfishness, whether or not there's a God or a heaven.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Something something Lucifer something uhhhh Theology?