ForumTouchy Subjects ► NNN, contemporary masculinity, semen retention, and the alt right
So, like, what the heck is up with this? I thought it was like a fringe 8chan subculture with nonsensical views on testosterone production, but if you look up simple terms like "dating advice" on YouTube, you'll be flooded with videos about this topic. There is no actual scientific evidence that semen retention has any health benefits at all, and it could actually be detrimental to certain aspects of mental and physical health. But we've got US Congressmen including it in their platforms? How did we get here?

Semen retention? Like blue balls?

Yes, but in an attempt to raise your testosterone levels.

Ugh. I wonder if this is a response to no one wanting to fuck them. "You can't fire me, I quit!"

theres an old chinese proverb that goes something along the lines of one drop of semen is worth ten drops of blood

point is semen is valuable so expending it so carelessly by masturbating is silly and a waste of semen and your health

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#Qigong

for your further reading

edit:
sorry. km joking. im hust in a bad mod right now

NNN is a reddit thing. Its nonsensical pseudo-science.

its a tiktok challenge

It predates Tiktok, for sure.

Yeah, definitely

Ugh. I wonder if this is a response to no one wanting to fuck them. "You can't fire me, I quit!"

In my opinion, this is almost certainly the answer.

It didn’t start on 8chan… That’s all I want to put in here for now.

I've also gotten search results spam about semen retention when looking for information about strength training and resistance training. It's like its own branch of pseudoscience.

What I’m confused about here is that this started out as a joke between mostly teenagers “Hey let’s see who go the longest without jacking off.”

Can you link the article where a congressional rep talked about it? You mentioned it in your first post but that's a very weird Google search I'm struggling with.

There was a thing that Josh Hawley said, but I think I may have also been mixing up that story with this clown.

I don't know what NNN means, but the theory of semen retention is ancient, found in Taoism and Hinduism. The current Dalai Lama advocates it. My earliest recollection of hearing about it is a 2004 documentary. Even if someone in the alt-right has started talking about it recently, I think its disingenous to link the two, because that implies it's just an alt-right idea and then of course no one's going to like it.

This reply is the least surprising thing that has happened to me today.

It does seem kinda tacked on there for the sake of being inflammatory.

I also always thought of NNN as more of a redditor thing.

OK, maybe NNN is its own thing, but semen retention, ancient or not, IS its own branch of pseudoscience, and it is being promulgated by a particular brand of the alt right.

Wait so you think that if you take someone who masturbates daily and then stop them from masturbating that there won't be any changes? I'm not saying that any of the purported benefits are real at all, but it is a little silly to think outright that the person in question won't notice any sort of changes in themselves. Not studied doesn't necessarily mean not real.

Again, not advocating for not jacking off necessarily but definitely am saying that if you take away a drug (and yes, we can think of masturbating like a drug) that someone takes every day, possibly multiple times a day, then there will be changes.

I'm just saying that if there are benefits, they aren't at all what is being claimed.

Gotcha. Yeah, not jacking off won't make you into 10 inch dicked alpha male who doesn't afraid of anything.

I haven't done it in like 6 months and I may have lost half an inch.

Scoggles said:
OK, maybe NNN is its own thing, but semen retention, ancient or not, IS its own branch of pseudoscience, and it is being promulgated by a particular brand of the alt right.
It's promulgated by various groups. The last time I heard of it, it was promulgated by a hippy out of his mind on peyote. It's not inherently or particularly an alt-right philosophy.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > NNN, contemporary masculinity, semen retention, and the alt right