ForumTouchy Subjects ► True Crime
Is true crime already on here, if so please tell me and ill take mine down. Anyways, I'd like to find more cases of female killers as they interest me a bit more.
  
Is this under touchy subjects because some people believe the true crime genre fetishizes criminals and their victims, creating an unhealthy cultural obsession with acts violent crime?
  
in a maze, peeling their eyes; searching for something they won't ever find
  
Peridot said:
Is this under touchy subjects because some people believe the true crime genre fetishizes criminals and their victims, creating an unhealthy cultural obsession with acts violent crime?

I think it's because murder is not a friendly happy topic.

I have mixed feelings about true crime as a genre.
  
Ex watched so many serial killer shows. Other likes them too
  
Forensic Files is one of those shows that I always watch when I'm home sick. No idea why only then.
  
Same thing for me, but with The Price is Right instead.
  
Peridot said:
Is this under touchy subjects because some people believe the true crime genre fetishizes criminals and their victims, creating an unhealthy cultural obsession with acts violent crime?
its more for the fact that some crimes may trigger people or just crimes in general will. im personally against people that "simp" over criminals such as Ted Bundy and others of the sort.
  
Peridot said:
Is this under touchy subjects because some people believe the true crime genre fetishizes criminals and their victims, creating an unhealthy cultural obsession with acts violent crime?

I think it's because murder is not a friendly happy topic.

I have mixed feelings about true crime as a genre.

i understand the mixed feelings, truly, for me i'm interested in true crime bc i want to minor in criminal psychology
  
I don't really consume true crime, partly because I don't find it interesting, partly because I like to leave work at the office, and partly for the reasons Peridot mentioned. However, I wonder if my inherent bias against it is simply a cultural one because it's something women like more than men and we just tend to be dismiss of things women are more likely to be interested in (reality TV, self help, Twilight, etc.)
  
I read all the Twilights
  
I think I did too.
  
I don't like it because my nightmares are bad enough without throwing serial killers into the mix. And sleeping alone at night in the woods will make you paranoid about anything.
  
I like me a good short documentary about a murder or two. There's velma barfield.
  
oof420 said:
I'd like to find more cases of female killers as they interest me a bit more.
Female killers by name.
Female killers by country.

There's over a thousand to keep you going over the holidays.
  
Millpond said:
oof420 said:
I'd like to find more cases of female killers as they interest me a bit more.
Female killers by name.
Female killers by country.

There's over a thousand to keep you going over the holidays.

you're leget my fav person
  
Forum > Touchy Subjects > True Crime