ForumTouchy Subjects ► Privacy Policies and Terms of Service
Posted in touchy subjects because it would get buried in general discussion and also because chances are if you’re reading this, you never read those things, but you know you should, and you know you have no excuse for not doing it, and I would like to explain to all of you why you should always read all of them for everything.

i did for this site

I have an excellent excuse not to.

I ain't reading shit.

I have an excellent excuse not to.

What is that?

This site had some humor in it.

I don't read the terms of use of something unless it's something small, for example TCAS. In that case, I'd be glad to look over the entire thing, even if it's a mess of strange lawyer lingo and confused latin. Otherwise, no thanks for me.

Most people in the QnA skip over it, you mainly hear about suicide and sex on the QnA yet, thats one of the things it says not to talk about here

Also this person goes against the ToS as well

I know a guy who breaks the ToS a bunch even though they still read it over way too many times.

👏

selling your soul to mark zuckerberg
selling your soul to blake 👍

Facebook? More like... Face... LOOOK at all these dummies posting about good times with family. Wow, sure glad I'm not getting my data sold.
Speaking of data, and especially privacy policies, looking up something to buy on Google, and then hopping on YouTube and finding it as a "suggested purchases" ad is really spooky. Not sure if I condone this.

What is that?

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Ah. Sweet Brown.

Tell me your reasons, corporal and Ant. I’m gonna way less easy on y’all for this because y’all were alive when the patriot act was passed.

The rest of them are just hopeless because they’ve already learned to mindlessly click on anything without reading at all.

Whenever I stop throwing up, the rest of them are gonna get a lecture they won’t be capable of reading and I question their ability to even keep along with this thread.

Or maybe you actually can read but you’re just too lazy to.

So what the fuck is it keeping you from reading them? None of you have yet to explain yourselves and act like it’s a joke - clearly you know it’s be better if you read these things.

>:\

hoylecake said:
I don't read the terms of use of something unless it's something small, for example TCAS.

In response to no one in particular, by "small" I didn't necessarily mean if there's not much stuff in the terms. What I mean was, if it's something like a hobby project or something made by a small or relatively niche group, I read it. Meanwhile, if I'm playing a game made by EA or something and Steam asks me to read their terms I will most certainly ignore it. I intend to always follow the rules in places where I am one of few people who actively use it. When I am one of millions of people who actively use it, I could care less.

Tell me your reasons, corporal and Ant. I’m gonna way less easy on y’all for this because y’all were alive when the patriot act was passed.

The rest of them are just hopeless because they’ve already learned to mindlessly click on anything without reading at all.

Cause I just don't care enough. It's either use shit or live as a hermit.

hoylecake said:
hoylecake said:
I don't read the terms of use of something unless it's something small, for example TCAS.

In response to no one in particular, by "small" I didn't necessarily mean if there's not much stuff in the terms. What I mean was, if it's something like a hobby project or something made by a small or relatively niche group, I read it. Meanwhile, if I'm playing a game made by EA or something and Steam asks me to read their terms I will most certainly ignore it. I intend to always follow the rules in places where I am one of few people who actively use it. When I am one of millions of people who actively use it, I could care less.
No! Bad! Those are the ones you should be reading the most!

Old habits die hard.

my rationale is if i want to use this service im gonna have to agree to their terms anyways

Honestly, if big-name companies with big ToS' simplified their rules into a neat little list that would make things a lot easier for some, but they won't, and for damn good reason. Privacy Policies and Terms of Service are extremely verbose and detailed for better and for worse. They pretty much need to be as transparent about their service as possible in the terms because chances are, people are going to want to know about very specific stuff or where and how different things apply. Especially the privacy policy. I, again, am a massive weirdo who only cares to read the privacy policy when it comes to the "big" ones because I don't want my data being sold (even though it has been a thousand times already). I'm really trying not to sound like some dumb teenager who doesn't know anything, although I guess I'm achieving the exact opposite.

i always read terms of service but if it looks too much like something i've already read than i just skip through it. probably not good but i cannot make myself care. at the least i breeze through it

Why the fuck should I know or care about your laws?
So what the fuck is it keeping you from reading them? None of you have yet to explain yourselves and act like it’s a joke - clearly you know it’s be better if you read these things.

Life is short. I work 12 hour days and I had cancer before I turned 25. I am not going to waste hours and hours and hours of my life reading contracts that I probably won't understand anyway. It has no impact on my life, and I do not give a shit.

Basically same. Cept I do live in US and wasn't cancery in my 20s.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Privacy Policies and Terms of Service