ForumTouchy Subjects ► Brazilian Elections
Bolsonaro lost!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!! Hopefully Lula pays more attention to the Amazon.

Bolsonaro also had said he’ll pull a Trump move and launch a coup if he lost. Lol

I am not involved in Brazilian politics in the slightest, nor am I actively involved in American politics, but most of my friends are Brazilian so I tend to care a bit more than I do about my own president. Seems a lot of people are happy about Lula winning. As long as we don't have another Trump I'm fine with it, and Bolsonaro REALLY sounds like another Trump.

Bolsonaro is just like Trump. They're friends. If Bolsonaro won, the Amazon Rainforest would get destroyed even more and worsen climate change. Lula winning means Brazil isn't falling into a downward spiral in the far-right.

Trump turned the traditionally conservative Republican party to be more extremely conspiracy-theorist conservative, just like how Bolsonaro turned the Social Liberal Party conservative. Being so extreme that you change the whole party's ideology is quite concerning.

hoylecake said:
Seems a lot of people are happy about Lula winning.
51% are happy, 49% are unhappy.

There's a tendency to act like our opposite voters are phantoms who only exist conceptually. They're out there, walking past us, working alongside us, driving next to us, eating next to us.

60,345,999 happy people are 60,345,999 happy people. I meant that on its own a lot of people were happy. In the grand scheme of things, there are also 58,206,354 sad people.
W_Licky said:
Bolsonaro is just like Trump. They're friends. If Bolsonaro won, the Amazon Rainforest would get destroyed even more and worsen climate change. Lula winning means Brazil isn't falling into a downward spiral in the far-right.

Sounds like a win-win to me. As long as the Rainforest is okay I'm happy. Too many undiscovered species there that are probably going to be lost forever just because we accidentally killed them with our own stupid science stuff.

Well it’s more like science is going to save the Amazon. It was less science and more, WOO LETS CHOP SOME TREES!!!

By "science" I don't mean advances in the preservation of the Amazon, I mean the things bred from science that have completely screwed the earth, i.e. 10x MORE POLLUTION. And also the stuff they use to cut down more trees.

So yes, you're right. That is what I meant. I just phrased it very generally.

Forum > Touchy Subjects > Brazilian Elections