ForumTouchy Subjects ► opinion on pedophiles
i mean, yeah, sometimes it couldn't be their malicious intent, but why can't they resist? is it that appealing to them that they can't think for themselves? is having sex with children that aren't allowed to do so that appealing and innocent to them? do they have a mental illness? most likely they could be idiots. who thinks a disciplinary test or rehab center could be good for them? i don't really think so.

I'm not saying paedophilia justifies child molestation. They made an extremely immoral choice, and they should be separated from the rest of society to ensure the safety of any children they might have been in contact with, until such time as they are, if they ever are, rehabilitated. However, I don't think it justifies them being killed or enslaved. Serial killers shouldn't receive the death penalty or be enslaved either. Slavery and murder are not acceptable punitive tools in a just and civilised society. Those are not things we should do to anyone.

you know how we try to kill cows for their meat as humanely as possible? i believe we should do the same to people with a death penalty. though, yes, pedophiles aren't reasonable for the death penalty, and i'm not really mentioning slavery.

instead, they should go to jail for 30-40 years with forced labor for child sexual harassment.

This is slavery.

ah!

what are your thoughts on pedophiles? i certainly think negative about them.
You mean people who molest children or people unfortunate enough to have a terrible mental disorder that makes them attracted to people much younger than themselves?

I’m just gonna jump the gun and say that this whole thread is fucking stupid as fuck. Opinions on child moleststion? Duh of fucking course that’s bad. Opinions on adults who are attracted to children? They’re people I feel bad for. Opinions on the people who molest children? They should face sentencing. What I find especially stupid is that you’re asking for our opinions on the people themselves. What, are you trying to hear “good” or “bad”? It’s not as if doing one bad thing necessarily makes someone a ‘bad person’. It’s not as if there even really are good or bad people. You’re gonna find good things and bad things in everyone you meet if you take enough time to look.

Since you asked for my opinion on the people specifically here, and keep in mind this an opinion on child molesters specifically: they’re people like anyone else who did a really bad thing. Idk why it’s so hard for people to even try to think that maybe someone who did something fucked up might not be some evil, biblical demon.

@cheese man
Why don't you just leave it to the police, there are more fulfilling hobbies than discord vigilante.

People attracted to children, they can't help it. Why are they attracted to children? Why are gay people gay? Why are left-handed people left-handed? Who knows. What I do know is, it's not their fault. When they become child molesters, it's a crime for good reason so what is there to say.

There should be wiggle room for couples where the older person is only a few years older. Like if the AOC in your country is 16, then I don't think a 16yo should become a registered sex offender because they had sex with their 15yo partner.

Most of what I want to say has already been said better than I can say it by SBF5, but I just wanted to address this.
but why can't they resist? is it that appealing to them that they can't think for themselves? is having sex with children that aren't allowed to do so that appealing and innocent to them?

I really didn't think this had to be said, but this is a terrible take. I'm no psychiatrist (and certainly not well read on this), but if pedophilia is anything like other mental disorders, you may as well say the following:
  • "Why can't Schizophrenia patients tell the delusions from reality? Are they just that willing to embrace fantasy?"
  • "Can't OCD patients just not wash their hands until they bleed? I know that I can!"
  • "Why can't people with clinical depression just not commit suicide? It's just a matter of willpower"
  • "Dude, ADHD patients should just try harder to pay attention"
  • "You have anorexia? Try eating, it's not that hard!"

You have no clue what's going on in someone's brain. For that matter, neither do I. If pedophilia turns out to be entirely in control of the person who experiences it, then no, fuck them and they should go to jail. But if it's a medical disorder, we should definitely set up some form of counseling or rehab or something to nip it in the bud.

The problem is that our society has stigmatized it so much that there is little sympathy for people who have it, so they can't really come out and say "I have this, this is a problem, I don't want it, please help" for fear of being witchhunted. Schizophrenia patients used to be locked up for "violent" crimes they had no clue they were committing. While obviously not the same (by a long shot, I fully believe that pedophiliacs know what they are doing is wrong), we should have some sympathy to see if it can be treated or mitigated. We know from things like the war on drugs that rehab and social programs are much more effective than simply locking people up.

Lastly, please don't strawman me. Obviously child molesters are detrimental to society and their victims. Anyone who sexually harasses or molests a child should go to jail, that's a crime. I am not defending the perpetrators of what is clearly a crime. All I'm saying is that, because of the stigma, we don't have nearly as much of an idea of what's going on inside their heads, or exactly how many "hidden" pedophiliacs there are afraid to come from the woodwork and seek help. The criminals who act on their impulses, you can crowd around and scream at them. But if it really is a misunderstood but treatable mental illness, why can't we try treating those who want help out instead of casting them aside and contributing to a problem?

TL;DR If pedophilia is a mental illness, we should treat it rather than vilify them for something they can't help

what i'm planning to do is go on discord and hunt for pedophiles to report and ban from discord.
btw i'm not a discord mod, just a freelancer
Lol how are you even gonna do this? Gonna pretend (or maybe tell the truth, idk) and go to different discord servers and say something like “oh hi Im a 12 yo girl my parents are asleep but im stayin up late” or something like that?

Lol how are you even gonna do this? Gonna pretend (or maybe tell the truth, idk) and go to different discord servers and say something like “oh hi Im a 12 yo girl my parents are asleep but im stayin up late” or something like that?

I tried that once, though not on Discord. It is... very effective.

I’ve done it before too on Omegle. You’re right, it gets people pretty easy. But then what would some internet ‘vigilante’ do after that? You gonna keep talking to the person until they insinuate something illegal? Then what? “Nah man I have their IP address.” Okay? Then what? You’re gonna call the cops in that town and say “here’s an IP address arrest this person”? What are they gonna do with that? Or are you gonna talk to them for long enough that they feel comfortable giving you their full name and address? If you find someone on discord and they say something like “Hi I’m Ben Dover and I live on 666 Cheese Pizza BLVD in Washington DC, please show me your 12 year old pussy” then sure, pat yourself on the back if you call the cops on that one. I just feel like there’s better things to do with frustration and anger about the fact that children get abused online than imitating a YouTuber and talking to people horny for prepubescent genitalia.

Oh, yes. It's not actually productive.

ugh i feel like such an asshole

How come?

Forum > Touchy Subjects > opinion on pedophiles